function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prasanth Reddy MPrasanth Reddy M 

Can we have a field updated in Contact page in salesforce based on the perticular contacts activity/tasks in Outlook mail .If it is possible how can we achieve this

I want to have a number field in contact page in salesforce, i have integrated outlook with salesforce. Based on the activity/tasks happining for that perticular contact in Outlook mail, i want the number field to be updated by assigning some score depending on the number of activities/tasks .

Please help will this is possible, if so, how .
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Prasanth,

Are you syncing the tasks/activities on Contacts from Outlook to Salesforce?(if not - you can use Salesforce for Outlook to sync)
I mean are those activities recorded in the Activity related list in Salesforce for those particular contacts?

If yes, then you can create a trigger on task such that when ever a new activity is created,  the number field on contact record gets updated accordingly.

Prasanth Reddy MPrasanth Reddy M
Yes...

I want to have a text(Picklist field), which needs to be updated based on the number of activities that perticulat contact is having, if the activity count is increasing, the picklist field need to be updated accordingly.

If picklist field updation is not possible , i will create a number field for the same.

Is it that, any mail , we associate for a perticular contact in outlook will be synced as a activity in salesforce ? please clarrify ..

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Yes Prasanth, if you use Email to Salesforce(which is a user specific email address which you can cc when sending an email to contact from Outlook or any email client) - Salesforce will recieve this email and add the email directly to that one contact as Activity : 

Read more: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=emailadmin_email2salesforce.htm&language=en_US