function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Megan MoodyMegan Moody 

developer console - Could not open workspace: TotalRequests Limit exceeded.

I'm working in a free trial instance of the Service Cloud Console. I have created only one object and a few VF pages with very, very minimal stuff in them. As I'm a newbie, I'm trying to upload a css file (with almost nothing in it to start, being guided by this post http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Creating_Professional_PDF_Documents_with_CSS_and_Visualforce) as a static resource. I did that and added the reference to the style sheet in my VF page. Now when I try to use the Developer Console I get a REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error saying "Could not open workspace: TotalRequests Limit exceeded." I can't imagine how I could possibly exceeding anything. It's a virutally empty environment, data and code-wise. 

Anyone have any tips? I can edit the VF page and Apex classes from within the Setup, but I'd like to use the Developer Console for ease of use. 

Any help that can be provided is most appreciated. 
Best Answer chosen by Megan Moody
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
There have been a lot of issues in Developer Console. See if restarting the browser helps.

Regards,
Satish Kumar

All Answers

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
There have been a lot of issues in Developer Console. See if restarting the browser helps.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
This was selected as the best answer
Megan MoodyMegan Moody
I tried restarting the browser several times that day and that didn't work. I also tried switching browsers with no luck. However, today I'm not getting the error so whatever was causing the error must have fixed itself overnight. Magical fixes! Thanks for taking the time to respond, Satish!
Kendric EvansKendric Evans
I'm getting this as well now in my developer environment.  We are a consulting partner and I prototype apps and solutions in that developer environment.  I'm frustrated that we have such a great tool as the Developer Console, but when it randomly flakes out like this, it's really hard to advocate it's use around the office.
Kendric EvansKendric Evans
And then, just as soon as I posted on this thread, it suddenly started working.  I guess it just didn't want to work before 8:00am.  I don't blame it.
megmooPDXmegmooPDX
It's my current understanding that there is a limit to the number of  api calls per 24 hours that can be done in a developer environment. It started working again the next day.
bouscalbouscal
This is the response when you hit the API limit.  Wait an hour and try again.  The limit is a 24-hour rolling limit
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gl4tAAA