function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ryan TRyan T 

Question for advanced APEX Developer: What language should I learn to be most efficient in APEX? C#? Java? C++? APEX?

I have some object oriented programming class experience (3 semesters of VB6 back in the day), so consider me a noob. I want to find the single most effective way to get me on my way to learning APEX code (also, tying in with APIs, integrating systems with SFDC, etc.). 

Should I take a Java class?  Should I take C#?  C++?  Java or C# for Dummies?

Salesforce itself suggests taking its tutorials, etc., and I have, but they aren't what I'm looking for. I need something that can explain to me every piece and part of code until it makes sense.  
OyeCodeOyeCode
I was Java Certified Developer then I moved in to .Net Development (used intensive C#), honestly it took me a month to pick up Apex and 3 months to release my first mastering it. I recommed start with Apex itself, if you plan to be Salesforce Developer, this is not rocket science. If you know java this is rather much smoother as Apex is built on top of Java but much clear and efficient, C# resembles with java a lot so forth with Apex

Let me know, if you have any questions
Ryan TRyan T
Thank you for the quick response. I do have questions. 
While getting started directly with APEX is probably good, I have noticed there is very limited education since it is a SFDC proprietary language. Java and C# however are universally taught at colleges all over the country.
SFDC classes aren't cheap.  a Java class at a local community college is about 1/10th the cost.  Plus, I would have an entire semester to ask questions, as opposed to a week-long SFDC class. Also, SFDC classes are during work hours.

So keeping in mind that I have a TON of questions for an educator and limited money and day-time hours to spend on classes, what would you suggest I do?