function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12 

How to restrict user from view specific article by category?

Hi, I have article knowledge enabled in my org and I would like to do some restriction that some users only able to see certain articles by category.

I have created a few category group and my 'Default Visibility Settings' set to None but my standard user still able to see published article.

Thanks.
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

You can control visibility of category group. Please go through following help documnet:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=category_visibility_whatis.htm&language=en_US
I have tried that. It mentioned that -> 'Data category visibility can be revoked (set to None) for a particular category group. Users in the target role, permission set, or profile can only see articles and questions that aren't classified with a category in that category group.'

In my Salesforce org, my 'Default Data Category Visibility Settings' is set to None and my 'Category Group Visibility Settings' under my profile is also set to None. Yet my user from that profile still able to see the article and the filter criteria still able to see the category listed in the drop down list.
Alright, i really have no idea why. I create a new user account and park under the same profile and this new user was not able to see the category that is not being assigned to this profile while other user with the same profile can see all...

and this profile does not have read,edit,create,delete rights on one of my article type but my user still can see all article type! what am i doing wrong here??
Thomas Peng - ArticulateThomas Peng - Articulate
I'm having this problem too. Did you every figure it out? 
Vincent LalVincent Lal
HI hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12,

Did you tried to see Roles. It's possible the user are able to see the article because their roles have access for the article. 
With custom data category visibility, you can only see the data categories permitted by their role, permission sets, or profile.
See more information here : https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=category_visibility_whatis.htm&type=5
Thanks
Vincent