function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Suman MSuman M 

Standardizing Profiles

Hi,

in our organization we are standardizing few profiles, i.e.; making 3 profiles ( A, B, C ) into 1 ( X ).

Currently the system is like, we have few validation rules where we are restricting B or C profiles from the above 3 profiles. So, now when we Club the 3 profiles into 1. now is the validation rule we have to replace B or C profile with X, but all the users under X will be restricted through this validation rule. we want to overcome this situation. Is there any way for this. Can someone help on this. Thank You. 
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Suman, 

So you want to have the same profile but you want a validation rule to be run on Few users only ? Am I right?

Regards,
Ashish
Suman MSuman M
Hi Ashish,

We are standardizing profiles. i.e.; merging 4 profiles into 1, but as the system is already developed long back, we have the profiles in different validation rules. now even after merging them into single profile we want the validation rules to function as it is. So, If I have a validation rule where i use 4 profiles then I can remove all and can replace that with the new profile. But if a validation rule uses only 2 profiles in the 4 ini this case how can we proceed further. If you have experienced this in your system could you please provide any suggestions. Thank You
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Suman, 

Can you explain the business scenario, 

How else can the set of users be catagorised, (by Role)?

We can recreate the validation rule to check the User Object and the User fields like role etc as well.

Regards,
Ashish