function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jane IsaacJane Isaac 

Compare 2 checkboxes to complete a text field

I need to compare the contents of 2 checkbox fields. If they both are checked, I want the new field to display "Digital and Physical".
If the digital checkbox field is checked, but the physical one is not, then I want to display "Digital Only".
If the physical checkbox field is checked but the digital one is not, then I want to display "Physical Only".
If neither fields are checked, then I want to display "Neither".

Here is what I have now and I am having problems:

IF(AND(Channel_Digital_Distribution__c, Channel_Physical_Fulfillment__c,"Digital and Physical"),
IF(AND(NOT(Channel_Digital_Distribution__c), Channel_Physical_Fulfillment__c,"Physical only"),
IF(AND(NOT(Channel_Physical_Distribution__c), Channel_Digital_Fulfillment__c,"Digital only"),
"Neither")))

The error message says: "Incorrect parameter type for function 'AND()', Expected Boolean, received Text" and highlights the "Digital and Physical". I can't get any further. Can someone see what is wrong here?

Thanks,
Jane
kevin lamkevin lam
Try this:

IF(AND(Channel_Digital_Distribution__c, Channel_Physical_Fulfillment__c),
     "Digital and Physical",
     IF(AND(NOT(Channel_Digital_Distribution__c), Channel_Physical_Fulfillment__c),
         "Physical only",
         IF(AND(NOT(Channel_Physical_Distribution__c), Channel_Digital_Fulfillment__c),
              "Digital only",
              "Neither")))
Chandra PrakashChandra Prakash
Hi Please Try this.

IF( AND( Channel_Digital_Distribution__c == False, Channel_Physical_Fulfillment__c == False) , "Neither", IF( AND( Channel_Digital_Distribution__c == True , Channel_Physical_Fulfillment__c == True) , "Digital and Physical",  IF( Channel_Physical_Fulfillment__c == True , "Physical Only", IF(Channel_Digital_Distribution__c == True , " Digital Only" , "False") ) ) )

Regards,
Chandra Prakash Sharma
Bisp Solution Inc.