function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sfdc wonderSfdc wonder 

Confuse about API-only or Managed Package?

Hi,

when iam approach to My ISV AE regarding Business Org(APO) for uploading my APP to AppExchange.

i got a reply from him as

"I manage ISV Partners in the Tri-state area. Are you looking to be in the program? Is your application an API-only or Managed Package"

im confuse with his reply so can any one make it clear and what is difference b/n  API-only or Managed Package?
Best Answer chosen by Sfdc wonder
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Probably API Only means any external apps developed in any other language (lilke .NET or Java) and which connect to salesforce through the API. Examples include data loader etc.

managed Package are apps which are written using Apex, VF etc and are installed in the Salesforce org of the user.

Regards,
Satish Kumar

All Answers

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Probably API Only means any external apps developed in any other language (lilke .NET or Java) and which connect to salesforce through the API. Examples include data loader etc.

managed Package are apps which are written using Apex, VF etc and are installed in the Salesforce org of the user.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
This was selected as the best answer
Sfdc wonderSfdc wonder
Thank u Satish.

after approve my app by AppExchange.can i add extra functionalities to my app.can u give me possible ways?
already we r salesforce partners,we r already get Partner Dev-Org,Test-Org.we r log a case for Business Org(APO) Based on ISV guide,but they replied as 
"This facility is available only who are finalise their ISV agreement"

what is ISV Agreement?how we finalise ISV Agreement with salesforce,i didnt get any proper documentation for ISV agreement