function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12 

how to stop milestone warning action?

Hi i have an entitlement process with 2 milestone and the milestone criteria time is:

Milestone 1:
Time to complete = 30 mins
Case status = Open, Work In Progress
Warning Action = Email alert to case owner (10 mins before)
Violated Action = Email alert to Team Leader (1 min after)

Milestone 2:
Time to complete = 60 mins
Case status = Pending Customer
Warning Action = None
Violated Action = Email alert to contact's email

My scenario is, the case owner leave the case under status Open for more than 30 mins. During this period of time Milestone 1 is violated, case owner received an email sent from Warning Action and Team Leader receive an email from Violet Action which is correct.

Then later case owner change the status to Pending Customer, the case milestone immediately change to milestone2 and start count down towards target date which is correct too.

After that, case owner change the status from Pending Customer -> Work In Progress, it matches the MIlestone 1 criteria and case milestone change from Milestone2 to Milestone1. At this time, the Milestone 1 is actually violated already then imediately send out 2 emails to case owner (Warning Action) and to Team Leader (Violated Action) but it actually sent out already for the first time.

how can i prevent/stop it to send again if the milestone matches the criteria if it already sent once before?

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

This is a tricky situation, 

We will have to handle this logically. 

There is a Field Called Entitlement Status add a logic in such a way that If the Status is say NEW only then meet the mile stone criteria.  

Once the Milestone is processed the Status should be changed to other value and that should not meet the Criteria for Milestone 1. 

Try to apply this logic to your situation should help. 

Regards,
Ashish