function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
clouddev@surashriclouddev@surashri 

Selecting a User Licenses for custom and case object

Hi,

I am desigining a visualforce page for internal users to create a record in custom object and case object. Users can access this Visualforce page only after using their username and password.It will be accessed by max 25 users as of now.
These users will not have access to any other standard objects. Could you please suggest a cost effective user licenses?

We are also in process of buying new licenses.

I am confused with different types of licenses in Salesforce

I have checked licenses like

High Volume Customer Portal
Customer Portal Manager Custom

But want to make sure.

All expert opinion will help.

Thanks,

Clouddev
Best Answer chosen by clouddev@surashri
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You won't be able to use those licenses for internal users, as they are for external customer users only.

The most effective for your use case will be the Company Community license, detailed at the bottom of this page:

http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_available.htm&language=en_US

As far as I'm aware the price of these licenses is negotiated based on the use case so there isn't a standard rack rate.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You won't be able to use those licenses for internal users, as they are for external customer users only.

The most effective for your use case will be the Company Community license, detailed at the bottom of this page:

http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_available.htm&language=en_US

As far as I'm aware the price of these licenses is negotiated based on the use case so there isn't a standard rack rate.
This was selected as the best answer
clouddev@surashriclouddev@surashri
Thanks bob_buzzard, Much appreciated.