function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rohitrrohitr 

Salesforce Service Console Custom Component

Hi,
I have few custom components at the bottom of the console screen. I've created custom console components from Customize>Console>Custom Console Components. 

What I need is,  on the console screen hovering over the images for the custom console components a tooltip should be displayed. I know we can have a text along the image. But how to show a tooltip. While creating a component there is a field "Button CSS". Do i need to put something here? If then what?

Thanks in advance,
RR
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Rohit,

You have to use Javascript onmouse over function to display the tool tip while hovering on the Component image.

use helptext
within <apex:pageblocksectionitem>

See the code in the link below, 

http://www.chiragmehta.info/chirag/2009/01/14/help-bubble-hover-based-tooltip-visualforce/

Regards,
Ashish
rohitrrohitr
Ashish,

What I need is a tooltip over the images that is shown as button on console. The images are stored on static resources. 
The idea that you have provided is for button inside a VF page.
Any information on this?

Regards,
RR
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Rohit, 

Not quite clear on the requirement, can you upload a pic via tinyurl.com . 

Regards,

Ashish

rohitrrohitr
This is for service cloud console.User-added image
I've the above image on the bottom bar. Need to display text on hoven on each image.
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Rohit, 

Thanks a lot that explains a lot. 

How have you added the components are they Inbuilt or Visualforce? If it is visualforce then there we can add the  Javascript on hover functions. 

Share the code that displays these components to see how we can add javascript. 

Regards,

Ashish