function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rmranjith8881.3927046400771116E12rmranjith8881.3927046400771116E12 

Trigger to affect all Households

Hi Everyone,
Iam  dealing with one  NGO Project.

If I want to change the start and finish dates on the campaign, can I do this so it effects all the HH's and Organizations?
if I decided my end date is 4/1/2014 instead of 3/1/2014, can I change this in one place that will effect all the fields on Households or Organizations?

Thanks in advance.............
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi,

You can write a trigger as explained in the following forum post to update multiple records when a single field is updated on a related object:

I understand there must be a relationship between a campaign and Households or Organizations such that with the campaign ID we can pull up all the Households or Organizations related to it - if yes - this ID can be used in the SOQL to get the Households or Organizations and update the end date on these records.

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000haFOAAY please go through the code and modify as per your requirement.
rmranjith8881.3927046400771116E12rmranjith8881.3927046400771116E12
Hi Sonam,
Thanks for reply,

here campaign nothing but the date field(Rollup since),this filed there in household itself.
If i change the Rollup since date it will affect(update) all Households.

I created one batch apex class,its working fine for today(),
but whenever user changes the date,for that date i want to update all households,
here is my batch apex class:

global class batchHouseHoldUpdate implements Database.Batchable<sObject> {
    global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC) {
        String query = 'SELECT id,name,Rollup_ends__c,Rollup_Since__c from npo02__Household__c';
        return Database.getQueryLocator(query);
    }

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<npo02__Household__c> hHList) {
         for(npo02__Household__c hh : hHList) {
             hh.Rollup_Since__c = date.today();           
         }
         update hHList;
    }  
    global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC) {}
}

Can you tell me how do we do that?

Thanks in advance.............