function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12 

how do i mimic/migrate from one org to another org?

Hi, I would like to know how can I migrate/mimic one org to another org?

Says I have 1 org (org A) with some custom fields on cases and the page layout was edited and I have another new org (org B) which is all standard, never edit before. Now I want the org B to have the same case layout & field from my org A.

I tried use Eclipse -Salesforce IDE to migrate and it give me errors something like -> 'Booking value is missing'. In my org A I have additional value for Case Type field, 'Booking' is one of it.

When I migrate from org A to org B, wouldn't it auto insert those new value for me? I have to ensure all value in org A is present in org B then only I can migrate from org A to org B?

Or is there other best practice to do org migration?

Thanks.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
When you deploy everything to another org, it should eventually create custom fields, workflow rules etc.., in another org unless they are not additional features. 

Hope the below posts helps you on this

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008upfIAA
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/47/copying-metadata-and-code-from-one-production-org-to-another
hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12
Hi Ramu,

Yes, it automatically create those custom fields for me, but Case Type is a standard field which have extra values in org A, not in org B. So when I migrate from org A to org B it gives me error saying something like missing value.

So I have to insert the extra values for Case Type field in org B then only able to migrate from org A to org B.

is there a way that during migration it will auto insert those missing values from org A? if it's a standard field.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
As far as my knowledge goes, standard fields are not inserted automatically through the migration and have to be created manually on the destination orgs.