function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tom29tom29 

Salesforce Mobile SDK for iOS: Support for 64 bits?

Hi guys,

We are trying to build iOS apps that support 64 bits using the SDK, but it looks like the SDK and its dependencies haven't been updated for 64 bits yet.

Do you have a timeframe on when the SDK will support 64 bits? Our internal apps depend on this, and we want to take full advantage of the iPhone 5s and the iPad Air / iPad mini with Retina.

I looked at the 3rd party libraries, and it seems like those haven't been updated in months. Would you consider moving away from those 3rd party libraries, if they aren't updated?

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by tom29
Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins
We will be looking at 64-bit compilation as soon as we update to the latest version of Cordova, as our current supported version does not build for 64-bit.  We've already started work on the Cordova upgrade, so I would imagine we're looking at the next couple of months, though there's not a nailed down timeframe yet.

All Answers

Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins
We will be looking at 64-bit compilation as soon as we update to the latest version of Cordova, as our current supported version does not build for 64-bit.  We've already started work on the Cordova upgrade, so I would imagine we're looking at the next couple of months, though there's not a nailed down timeframe yet.
This was selected as the best answer
tom29tom29
That's fantastic news! Thank you for the update, Kevin. I'll keep an eye on the github repo in the meantime.

Thanks!
kessokesso
Hey @Kevin, any updates on this? There's more than a few of us waiting for 3.0 :)