function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andries.NeyensAndries.Neyens 

Custom Service Components for a Visual Force Page

Hi all,

I'm trying to customize a visual force page for the Service Console and want to add Custom Service Components to the left and right of the Page.
I looked into the Service toolkit, but cannot find it. Is it possible?

Also a bit dazzled that an Action returning a correct PageReference works in the sales environment but not in the Service Console. Why is this not transparant ?

Many thanks
PrasanntaPrasannta (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,
Please refer to the link below to add custom Service Components for a Visual Force Page.
https://org62.my.salesforce.com/articles/Knowledge_Article/How-to-add-Custom-Console-Components-to-Page-Layouts-and-link-to-the-visual-force-page?popup=true

Hope this helps. Please mark it as best answer if it helps.
Do I have access to Org62 ?
PrasanntaPrasannta (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

I guess not, please follow these steps to add  Custom Console Components to Page Layouts and link to the Visualforce page.

1.For standard objects, click Your Name | Setup | Customize | Object | Page 2.Layouts. For custom objects, click Your Name | Setup | Create | Objects, then 3.choose the object.
4.Click Edit next to a page layout.
5.Click Custom Console Components.
6.Next to the sidebar in which you want to add your component, type the name of the Visualforce page, or click to find and select the Visualforce page.
Enter the height or width of the component as it should display in a console.
7.Click Save.
Thanks, but this not actually the problem. I know how to add those components on page layouts of sObjects and cObjects. But the question is, how to add them on custom Visual Force pages?