function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cathy369cathy369 

i need to refire trigger on existing records

I have a trigger on opportunity that update fields based on another object.  I want to be able to refire trigger against several opportuntity records at will... I really don't know where to start, but it seems as if it should be easy to send select a group of opportunity records and basically resave them.

hopefully this makes sense and any help would be greatly appreciated
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Cathy,

If I understand correctly, you wish to update multiple opportunities based on the update on another object - I suggest you to go through the sample code on the thrad below which solves a similar requirement:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F0000000942RIAQ
cathy369cathy369
thank you for your reply... actually, I don't think I want a trigger.  The ability to refire the trigger on multiple opportunity records is not necessarily tied to the other object.

if I change an exisiting trigger, I want multiple exisiting opportunities to be reprocessed through the modified trigger without having to manually click EDIT and SAVE on each record... I'm thinking I need to write some kind of batch process, and was even wondering if I can use the Developer Console using the Anonymous Window, but I don't really have any experience with either...

I'm trying to avoid a lot of wasted time if I can be reasonably certain I am persuing the right path,