function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
venkatsforcevenkatsforce 

Time Delay Issues

Hi All

I am using one custom object as Sample__c it contains three fields, the fields are:

1.  Startdatetime__c(Date/Time datatype)
             2.  Value__c (Text)
             3.  NextDatetime__c(Date/Time datatype)----> Formulafield(Startdatetime__c+Value__c)-1

when am inserting any records in salesforce Startdatetime__c = 27/03/2014 04:00 , Value__c = 4 then the NextDatetime__c is 30/03/2014 05:00. Am assigning Startdatetime__c = 27/03/2014 04:00 but in NextDatetime__c is 30/03/2014 05:00 it increases 1hour also if the Nextdatetime__c is as 29/03/14 04:00 it shows a correct time format from Startdatetime__c. If the date goes to 30th day and above means the time  increases by 1hour , if the date is in same month like 29 below means it shows the correct time format.... Is there any other way to solve this?

Organization timezone & User timezone are same GMT+00:00 (Europe/London)

Thanks
Venkatsforce
@anilbathula@@anilbathula@
Hi Venkatsforce,

I tried the same formula with Indian time zone it worked perfectly.
But when i changed the user time zone to (Europe/London) it gave the difference of one hour as you said.
Seems there is a problem in time zones.

Just go through this link ,you may get some idea about time zones using in Date time formula fields:-http://help.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/formula_date_time_tipsheet.pdf

Thanks
Anil.B
venkatsforcevenkatsforce
Hi Anil

If the User Timezone is Europe/London then the time shows as one hour delay, because the UK timezone maintains the DayLightSaving Time(DST). The DST started from 30Mar - 26OCt it shows the one hour delay from the user requested time..

Thanks
Venkatsforce