function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Justas SerstkovasJustas Serstkovas 

Salesforce Mobile SDK iOS arm64 support missing

Hi All,

After release of iOS 7.1 SDK it looks like that Xcode does not tolerate Salesforce Mobile SDK not supporting arm64 architecture. App can run well on non 64bits architectures, but once attempted to build for arm64 gives following errors:

Ignoring file /PathToProject/ThirdPartyCode/SalesforceNetworkSDK/libSalesforceNetworkSDK.a, missing required architecture arm64 in file /PathToProject/ThirdPartyCode/SalesforceNetworkSDK/libSalesforceNetworkSDK.a (3 slices)

This happens to follwoing libraries:
  1. libSalesforceOAuth
  2. libSalesforceNativeSDK
  3. libsqlcipher
  4. libSalesforceNetworkSDK
  5. libSalesforceSDKCore
  6. libcrypto
  7. openssl

There was a similar issue with Google Analytics library, so it just required an update to newer version (which supports arm64) and issue was gone. What about Salesforce Mobile SDK. Do we need to wait for the update or can we do something about ourselves?

Thanks a lot for your time people,

J

Best Answer chosen by thisisnotapril
Interestingly enough salesforce forum seach did not find this topic, but google did:

Kevin Hawkins says:
"We will be looking at 64-bit compilation as soon as we update to the latest version of Cordova, as our current supported version does not build for 64-bit.  We've already started work on the Cordova upgrade, so I would imagine we're looking at the next couple of months, though there's not a nailed down timeframe yet."

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000009f4rIAA

All Answers

Interestingly enough salesforce forum seach did not find this topic, but google did:

Kevin Hawkins says:
"We will be looking at 64-bit compilation as soon as we update to the latest version of Cordova, as our current supported version does not build for 64-bit.  We've already started work on the Cordova upgrade, so I would imagine we're looking at the next couple of months, though there's not a nailed down timeframe yet."

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000009f4rIAA
This was selected as the best answer
bhariharanbhariharan
We don't have the binaries built for 64-bit yet. We do hope to support 64-bit soon though.
Any timescale? Anything we can expect? (I suspect what will be the answer, but I just have to ask this). Are we talking about weeks, months, half a year possibly?

Currently we had to stop Salesforce integration development on one of our apps. We still want to keep functionality in place, but we will have to disable it -  remove all related libraries and comment out lots of code, so we could jump on it ASAP after we get 64-bit support
We are also considering dropping 64bit support all together - until Selesforce Mobile SDK for iOS libraries will be updated.

This can be done in project Build Settings by changing:
Architectures: from Standard to "$(ARCHS_STANDARD_32_BIT)"
and removing arm64 from Valid Architectures.

I hope above is useful for some of you.