function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CloudResearchCloudResearch 

Prgrammatically migrate data into Salesforce

I am developing a Java web service for migrating data into Salesforce. I have managed to create new custom objects for my data by means of Metadata API. Now I want to insert data into new custom objects, but I don't know how to do that programmatically in Java. SQOL doesn't have INSERT functionality, and Enterprise WSDL still don't have new custom objects in it (that I have created in the previous step in the same Java web service), so I can't use create() operation from SOAP API.

Do anyone have some solution/recommendation to my problem decribed above?

Thanks,
Darko
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Hope the following post helps you on this

http://www.infallibletechie.com/2012/11/inserting-data-into-salesforce-using.html
CloudResearchCloudResearch
Hi Ramu,

Unfortunatelly, the link doesn't help me. I am aware of create/update/delete etc. operations from SOAP API. I will now try to better explain my problem. I have some XML files, and based on them I am creating new custom objects on the fly in Java web service (for example, Credit__c). I have succesfully achieve this by using Metadata API. I want to also insert records from XML into this new created custom object, but at this time my downloaded Enterprise WSDL does not contain the new object (e.g., Credit__c) that I have created. So, I can simply use create() API operation, because I do not have the object definition. Can Enterprise WSDL be obtained from Salesforce automatically on the fly or can I access this WSDL on Salesforce remote location (and not from local copy)? Or do you know some alternate solution to my problem? I have many XML documents and I want to automate migration to Salesforce, so some manual solution isn't fit for my situation.

Thanks,
Darko