function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jordi vosjordi vos 

cs18 not available from eclipse

Hello all,

Is anyone elkse having problems while developing on cs18?
Salesforce in the browser works fine, but all interactions from eclipse end up in timeouts.
This happens for all projects(multiple customers) that connect to cs18.

This isn't the first time this happens. It should be the 4th time or so now(in the past 2 months).

trust.salesforce.com doesn't show any errors..

Regards,

Jordi
Pablo_RoldanPablo_Roldan
Have you tried the lastest version?

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I recommend you the Eclipse 4.3 "Kepler" also you have to follow the instruction step to step.

Thanks,
Pablo
jordi vosjordi vos
Pablo,

Yes, I have the latest version.
It's just cs18. For example, a project connected to cs8 works fine.

And at this moment, it's working again. No clue why, but it's quite an issue if something pressing has to be changed.

Pablo_RoldanPablo_Roldan
Hi Jordi,

Maybe, you have passed the API limit. I mean, eclipse uses API calls each time when you save code in salesforce, so if you pass that limit, you will not able to save anything by eclipse in the next 24h from the first API call.

It's something which you can see in your salesforce -> Setup -> System Overview

Thanks,
Pablo
jordi vosjordi vos
Pablo,

The API limit is not the issue(770 request so far it seems) since it's every salesforce instance from diffrent customers on cs18.
So, it was working again yesterday in the afternoon, and at this moment, it's not working anymore.

It's very frustrating trying to develop like this.
Pablo_RoldanPablo_Roldan
Jordi,

Only to know more about that, could you tell me if that happens with all the salesforce instances or it's only through cs18?
However if you tell me that this only happens working in eclipse, I would try to uninstall everything (including Java) and then install again (because sometimes Java doesn't work properly).

Pablo
jordi vosjordi vos
Pablo,

It's only CS18. As an example, CS8 is working fine. Other collegues have the same problem with CS18. be it from home, the office or trying trough the mobile phone. It will probably work in a few hours again like yesterday and the other times before.

I'm not going to deinstall java and eclipse because that's not the issue.

Jordi
Pablo_RoldanPablo_Roldan
Jordi,

Could you tell me if your problem it's like this --> https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T3iaAAC

Pablo
jordi vosjordi vos
Pablo,

No, it's not the same issue as above. 
Like I said, It's only for a few hours it seems. Then the problem magicaly diseapears.

Jordi
Pablo_RoldanPablo_Roldan
Jordi,

I'm going to create a sandbox in cs18 and test that things. Anyway, I recommend you to open a case in this link https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTPortalLogCase

Pablo
jordi vosjordi vos
Pablo,

We already created a case, but the first message you get while creating a case about development is to post it on these forums..
Pablo_RoldanPablo_Roldan
Jordi,

I know it, but this problem seems more like a salesforce bug. For that reason I have thought that it will be better to open a case.
Anyway, I'm testing your errors to confirm that this happens in all the cs18. And I would like to test it in different times, so I inform you when I finished it.

Pablo
jordi vosjordi vos
Pablo,

Thanks for the help. I'm really wondering if you have any problems with CS18 as well. It may even be country specific(we are in the Netherlands).

Regards,

Jordi