function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anto HotelbedsAnto Hotelbeds 

help text when mouseover on picklist values

Hi,

I have a requirement for the community portal. It says that for picklist fields, when the user is checking the available options in the piclist, when the user mouse over each one of the values, the system should show a help text.

Is there anyway to do so using Javascript or Jquery? Could someone point me on the right direction please?

I know i can show the standar salesfoce help text on my visualforce page, but I have around 30 options in the picklist, so its quite confusing to do it with this standard funcionality.

Any help is appreciated!

All the best,

Antonio
AmulAmul
See below examples...

<apex:page standardController="Account" docType="html-5.0">
    <apex:includeScript value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"/>
    <script>
        $j = jQuery.noConflict();

$j(function(){
            replacePickVals();
        });

function replacePickVals(){
            $j('option').filter(function () { return $j(this).html() == "--None--"; }).html('Please Select....');
        }
    </script>

<apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock >
            <apex:pageBlockSection >

<apex:inputField value="{!Account.Industry}" onchange="replacePickVals();"/>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/21609/none-to-not-be-defaulted-in-picklist

Anto HotelbedsAnto Hotelbeds
Thanks Amul for the fast reply.

But this basically would change the value in the picklist when I just want to see a help text box when user mouse over each one of the values in the picklist. Do you think its possible to do it?
Salesforce DeveloperSalesforce Developer
Has anyone found any solution to this?