function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LanceCresswellLanceCresswell 

getElementById not working for apex:pageblockTable

This js getElementById command is working when accessing an element under a tag...

<apex:pageBlock title="Selected {!$ObjectType.Product2.LabelPlural}" id="selected">                  
                   <apex:inputHidden value="{!NeedsApproval}" id="needsapproval"/>

by using the following js in a function called from a button click...

var text = document.getElementById('{!$Component.mainpage.mainform.selected.needsapproval}').value;

Now when trying to access an value from an apex:inputField within an apex:pageblockTable under the same apex:pageblock I am unable to get the value.

Here's the VF...

<apex:pageBlock title="Selected {!$ObjectType.Product2.LabelPlural}" id="selected">                  
                   <apex:inputHidden value="{!NeedsApproval}" id="needsapproval"/>               
                   <apex:pageblockTable value="{!shoppingCart}" var="s" id="ProdTable">              
                        <apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.OpportunityLineItem.Fields.Approval_Level__c.Label}" id="level">                   
                            <apex:inputField value="{!s.Approval_Level__c}" style="width:20px" />
                        </apex:column>                   
                   </apex:pageblockTable>
            </apex:pageBlock>

And here is the js command that does not work when called from the same method when 1 record exists in the table...

var text = document.getElementById('{!$Component.mainpage.mainform.selected.ProdTable.0.level}').value;

I think I'm referencing the element correctly based on the source behing the VF page.

Can anyone see what am I doing wrong here?

Regards
Lance Cresswell
Best Answer chosen by LanceCresswell
nbknbk
check the below link which is similar to this.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F000000094JIIAY

All Answers

nbknbk
check the below link which is similar to this.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F000000094JIIAY
This was selected as the best answer
LanceCresswellLanceCresswell
Thanks for your help.  Moving the code brought the element into context.
nbknbk
Hi Lance,

Is the provided link solve your problem, if yes please mark the answer as 'Best Answer' it will help to some one who are facing similar issue.