function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hk7965hk7965 

Display approver names when assigned to a Queue

Hello,

I have built an Approval process on a custom Object and defined a queue as an approver. When the record mets Approval Criteria It is showing Queue name in Approval history not Individual approvers. Is there any way to display approver names in the queue in approval history or users to know with whom in the queue the request is waiting for approval.

Regards
Krishna
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Krishna,

The Approval History related list displays the queue name in the Assigned To column and the actual user who approved or rejected the approval request in the Actual Approver column.

See the discussion in the idea below, 

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000K9ih

Regards,
Ashish
hk7965hk7965
Thanks Ashish, Idea is to display actual approvers(queue members) rather queue name in approval history. So Requesters can follow up in case request pending for long time. Regards Krishna
hk7965hk7965
Any Thoughts? Regards Krishna
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Krishna. 

Any queue member can approve or reject an approval request that is assigned to the queue.
When an approval request is assigned to a queue, the email notification is sent to the email address for the queue. Depending on your queue settings, an email notification is also sent to each queue member.
When an approval request is rejected and returned to the previous approver and the previous approver was a queue, the approval request is assigned to the user who approved it, instead of the queue.
The Approval History related list displays the queue name in the Assigned To column and the actual user who approved or rejected the approval request in the Actual Approver column.
Delegates of all queue members can approve requests when the process step is configured to allow delegated approvers.

See the docs,

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_approvalprocess.htm

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Quick_Tutorial_15:_Add_Basic_App_Logic_%E2%80%94_Create_an_Approval_Process

Regards,
Ashish
hk7965hk7965
Thanks Ashsih , The Information is helpful. But our requirement is display queuemembers instead queuname as approvers taking long to action on submitted requests. Our customer want to see individual approver names when a request is pending from approver rather queue name as with queue name showing in assigned to column, they are not sure who are all members of the queue to followup or o get it approved.

Regards
Krishna 

marcobmarcob
Hi guys,

i have exactly the same issue. I want to display actual user names instead of a queue name. Furthermore, i want to use the names of the users who are in the queue, so i can do some extra's like show some messages or extra buttons on my VisualForce page when one of the approvers is looking at the pending record.

So, hope you figured out a solution, and if you did i hope you want to share!

Regards,
Marco
hk7965hk7965
Hello, I am still looking out for a solution for this issue. Please let me know if you come across any workaround/fix :). Regards Krishna
marcobmarcob

Hi Krishna,
no sorry, i have created a workaround: i store the name of the queue, and retrieve the members of that queue. This is however not my preferred solution, for i want to retrieve the queue name from the approval definition, and then retrieve the queue members from the queue. But since i do not know how to access the approval definition, i have build my work around.
Regards,

Marco