function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DannyK88DannyK88 

Salesforce1 Developer Guide Issue

Hi Everyone,

I have been going through the Salesforce1 Developer guide book. I was going throught the canvas app example and I ran into an issue. I am unable to add the Shipify Canvas app to my chatter publisher layout. When I look back it says that I should have added the Shipify Canvas App to two locations: Chatter Tab and Publisher. However I only had Chatter Tab as an option. Also The checkbox "Create Actions Automatically" was not on my page as well. Is there a setting that I could have not turned on while setting up my developer org. My developer org was set up two years ago. Is that the issue? Do I have to set up a new developer org?

Thanks,

DannyK89
ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

In the Canvas App settings, select Force.com Canvas and in the Locations field, select Publisher. You must select this location for your canvas app to appear in the publisher.

More info: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/platform_connectpre/Content/canvas_apps_publisher_set_location.htm

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank
DannyK88DannyK88
Hi,

When I go to the Canvas App Settings under the locations field there is no option to select Publisher. The only options I have are: Console, Mobile Nav, Open CTI, Visualforce page, and Chatter Tab. I am asking if there is a reason why I wouldn't see the Publisher option in this list. Also I am missing the "Create Actions Automatically" checkbox at the bottom of the Canvas App Settings section. 

Thanks, 

DannyK88
ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

The feature which allows canvas app in publisher and chatter feed is "Canvas Apps in the Publisher and the Feed". In the Spring '14 release notes, this is mentioned as being made "Generally Available". This is probably not enabled for your org, as it was previously a pilot feature which was provided only to select customers of salesforce. I checked the same in my older trial org (which is missing these options) and in my newer developer edition org (which includes these options).

You may have to raise a support case with salesforce.com asking them to enable this new feature for your org, as it is generally available according to the Spring '14 release notes.

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank