function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BenzyBenzy 

Visualforce email template works for admin but is blank for other users

Hi,
I have a visualforce email template for purchase orders. The email is sent using a workflow.
When I (an admin) test this template, it works fine. However, when another user (not admin) uses the template, the email is sent but the subject and body are blank.
Any ideas as to why this might be?
Thanks
Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
Please make sure if teh user who is using this template have permission of the object which being used in template.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
As per the problem, I guess the users whose login is sending blank emails may not have atelast read access to this particular object or fields that are used as merged fields on the template hence the field are not getting merged with actual values but instead are showing blanks. See if this is the case.
geetha charangeetha charan
Make sure the Visualforce Page(Template) is given access security permision for that user Profile
BenzyBenzy
Thanks for the answers.

The user does has full permissions to the objects that the merge fields are using.

Regarding permissions to the visualforce page template, I don't understand. Since it is an email template, it only shows up under Communication Templates > Email Templates. There are no permission settings in here that I can see.
Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
Can you check again to make sure if email template is not being sent before data update? Like You are populating data from a workflow which is executing after email alert?
BenzyBenzy
It's not. As I said, the email works fine for me, but not for other users.