function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepu SandeepDeepu Sandeep 

Modifying existing pagelayout

How can I modify an existing page layout so that the page layout assigned to managers display

Cases
Acitivity History
Notes and Attachments
Partners

If the page layout is assigned to sales rep those above mentioned related lists should not be display . Is there any way to achieve this ?
Best Answer chosen by Deepu Sandeep
Scott McClungScott McClung
Hi Deepu
Each profile can be assigned a different layout for the same object.  All you need to do is create one layout that includes those related lists for your managers and then create a second one without those related lists for the sales reps.
Assigning layouts to each profile is easy...I'll use Accounts as an example.  Go to Setup -> Customize -> Accounts -> Page Layouts.  Click the 'Page Layout Assignment' button at the top of the page and then the 'Edit Assignments' button on the next page.  Select your profile and then choose the layout it should use from the drop down list.

Hope that helps!

All Answers

nbknbk
Are you want to display the related list conditionally by profile wise! one profile user see set of fields and other see more fields!
Deepu SandeepDeepu Sandeep
exactly
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
You can use RecordTypes for this purpose and assign different recordtypes to different profiles.Go through below links to learn more :-

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_recordtype.htm&language=en

http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=creating_record_types.htm
Scott McClungScott McClung
Hi Deepu
Each profile can be assigned a different layout for the same object.  All you need to do is create one layout that includes those related lists for your managers and then create a second one without those related lists for the sales reps.
Assigning layouts to each profile is easy...I'll use Accounts as an example.  Go to Setup -> Customize -> Accounts -> Page Layouts.  Click the 'Page Layout Assignment' button at the top of the page and then the 'Edit Assignments' button on the next page.  Select your profile and then choose the layout it should use from the drop down list.

Hope that helps!
This was selected as the best answer