function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Justin St GermainJustin St Germain 

How can I pull a list of the schools I have listed in my SalesForce page?

We have a list of around 6K High Schools across the USA, and I need to be able to pull that list into a XML document so that I can then use jQuery to search for a school as I start typing in a form. Any ideas how this can be accomplished?
Vamsi KrishnaVamsi Krishna
Justin,

there are few ways you can do this.. which are already well documented in many blogs..

here is one reference
http://anupjadhav.com/2013/02/01/jquery-autocomplete/
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Hi, Currently there is no direct UI option to export the data from salesforce to xml however, you may use dataloader to pull the list of schools from your Salesforce org into a csv file and then convert that to an xml using third party tools.
Vamsi,
That link looks exactly like what I will need. Sorry for the n00b questions, but I am very new to salesforce. I saw the Apex framework download on SalesForce already, but not sure evactly how the Visualforce stuff works. there is a link to github on the link you sent me where I can download the sample, but it is not documented if I am to leave the page as a .cls file or where to put it. We are running a Linux server with PHP, and I dont know if this file type is something that works, or if we need to install something else. Do you have any info on that. Unfortunately with me being so new to SalesForce, I do not even know where to start my search. Thanks again for helping already.
Also, to make this more complicated, I need this ONE form element to be implemented on a regular form. This is NOT a web-to-lead form generated from SalesForce. I am using Ajax to handle the form and then using PHP cURL to send the data to SalesForce. I am doing this because I actually have the form data going to two different places, so I was unable to use the generated web-to-leads form. Is this going to make the solution not work? I did see how to enable developer mode for Apex on SalesForce and did that. Still not sure exactly what to do with the .cls file, but I am hoping the Force.com documentation will walk me through that part too.