function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
M BestM Best 

OData External Data Source Connector

We're piloting the odata XDS connector.

Are there any guidelines anywhere for how the odata service should be properly created in order for salesforce to configure the objects properly? 

The External Lookup Relationship appears to be absent. Is that an option that needs to be turned on by support, or is that not yet available?

Thanks
mb

jason.choy1.3914575203848374E12jason.choy1.3914575203848374E12
HI we have a chatter group set up just for the OData External Data Connector Pilot, where we would be able to provide support and answers to questions like this, please have your SFDC AE signning you up to the chatter group so that you can leverage that resource. 
M BestM Best
Thanks, Jason!
tggagnetggagne
Can a Salesforce org be an odata provider?  Can I configure two salesforce orgs to be OData providers to each other, each one configuring the other as a source?
Lawrence McAlpinLawrence McAlpin
We don't expose Salesforce data via OData out of the box but some of our middleware partners have built tools that expose Salesforce via OData. 
Srinivasa GoliSrinivasa Goli

Hi Lawrence,
     Actually, I was able connect two Salesoforce orgs with Odata 2.0 about two months back. Now, I can able to see external Object with data, but external data source definitions are deleted. So, you disabled this functionality recently.
jason.choy1.3914575203848374E12jason.choy1.3914575203848374E12
I am not sure your use case here - but basically the OData Connector went GA as part of the Salesforce Lightning Connect SKU, for commercial usage you will need a product feature license, however you can test it use our Developer Edition org as the feature is enabled by default there.
Srinivasa GoliSrinivasa Goli
Yes. I am trying to test and use two dev orgs. Can we connect the data from One salesforce org as data provider and other dev org as data consumer. Thanks for the quick response.

David ArchibaldDavid Archibald
Yeap, there are few tools that can expose data to OData feed. You will be able to display them as Salesforce External Object then. For example, you can use Skyvia Connect (https://skyvia.com/connect/) to expose your QuickBooks Online via OData interface.