function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dori1Dori1 

Prevent login into salesforce with one account from two different computers?

Hi all,
I need to know , what actually happens if two people log in to SF at the same time?  My guess is that they would share the back end session so it could get very confusing because they could edit the same record at the same time.

To prevent this happening (apart from just telling people not to share username/password) is there any way for a session to know that it is already logged in?  Something like a "isLoggedIn" variable?

Thanks in advance 
AmitAmit (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello,

As of now it is not possibel to prevent concurrent logins for same username. But you can leverage Profile based login hour restrictions to prevent users logging in during a time slot. Click on following docs to see more details on how to configure and plan login security for your org.

To help protect your organization's data against unauthorized access, you have several options for setting login restrictions.

Login Hours

For each profile, you can set the hours when users can log in. See:

Login IP Address Ranges

For each profile, you can set the IP addresses from which users can log in. See:

Organization-Wide Trusted IP Address List
For all users, you can set a list of IP address ranges from which they can always log in without receiving a login challenge. See Restricting Login IP Ranges for Your Organization. (https://na3.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/security_networkaccess.htm)

Thanks,
Amit Bhardwaj
fifedog15fifedog15
For the sake of postarity, there is a way now, at least as of 2016.  I'm unsure when this was introduced but would like to let others know the solution, a very simple out of the box solution: Transaction Security by salesforce, see SFDC help topic (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_transactions_about.htm" target="_blank).

As of this time I don't see the setting in my Production Org, however it's there in all my dev orgs.  Therefore I'm unsure if you need to contact Salesforce to enable this feature.

Screen shot of the Concurrent User Session Limit Policy settings
Eric AdderyEric Addery
It is important that the innovation is given by Zend that is possessed by a Rogue Wave Company, however various created parts and added highlights were made with an assistance of help of Zend designers local area and givers. Zend innovation is known for one of the most strong and responsive programming local area that collaborates on discussions, IRC channels, and even gathering visits. Such well known organizations like Google, Microsoft, and Sound Strategies PR use Zend improvement for building web connection points and applications and these days, there are 12,348 organizations altogether alluding to Zend programming advancement.
Source: https://mobilunity.com/blog/hire-zend-developers/