function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dane KimDane Kim 

Help: Managing SF Development, Configuration and Catalog

Howdy folks!

I'm somewhat new to Force.com development. I've been successful in developing some very helpful functionality into our SF environment. I have several in the pipeline as of now, though am starting to run into some issues managing new code development. As a very small company, I am only a part-time admin. Though feeling quite comfortable with coding, I have no experience with version management, configuration management or cataloging development. This has several downsides that you can imagine.

The biggest challenge as of now is that, as I am only part-time admin and have several other important job functions, it's not uncommon that I am pulled away from development (which mostly take place on nights and weekends...). When I am pulled away development, it can be really hard to remember where I was and what needs to be done. I would like to move away from relying on code comments and scratch notes.

That all being said, anyone have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions on how to manage and track code development, configuration and related info?

Thanks in advance!!!
Swagato RaySwagato Ray
Regrading the code management I can suggest you a way.
It's better to download all the code backup in the eclipse IDE(With Force.com pulgin installed). Eclipse can locally(If SVn is not available ) maintains the code versioning at it is always easy to do cdoing in Eclipse.
If you need any more question on the Force.com develiopment with eclipse then you can ask. :)