function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sean434992Sean434992 

Issue with apex:repeat not rendering data from a SOQL query

I have a SOQL Query that would execute to return results from a custom object.
The query runs successfully and resturns the desired results when executed.

In Spring 14 an issue came up in our managed package that the SOQL results are not displaying on a VF page where they did fine in Winter release.

We are using the apex:repeat to return a result set from a SOQL query.
Th VF page executes correctly but on the page I do not see any records displayed on the page.

If a look at the page source, I can see 4 Table rows are created but the data in the rows is blank.

Has anyone ran across this issue?

<apex:page showHeader="false" readOnly="true" controller="SpinController" action="{!checkGeneralAccess}">
<apex:composition template="SWPageTemplate" >
    <apex:define name="swTitle"><apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.TItle_Homepage}"></apex:outputLabel></apex:define>
    <apex:define name="swContent">
        <p class="gv-eligible-vins-intro">You have&nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!eligibleVINCount}" /> eligible VINs waiting for you to earn points.
            {!IF(eligibleVINCount > 0, 'Select a VIN .', 'ok!')}<br /><br /> ok!</p>
        <div class="gv-eligible-vins">
            <table>
                <thead><tr><th>VIN</th><th>Sales Date</th><th>Model </th></tr></thead>
                <tbody>
                <apex:repeat value="{!eligibleVINs}" var="retailUnit">
                    <tr>
                        <td><apex:outputLink value="{!$Page.Quiz}?vin={!retailUnit.VIN__c}"><apex:outputText value="{!retailUnit.VIN__c}" /></apex:outputLink></td>
                        <td><apex:outputText value="{0,date,MM'/'dd'/'yy}">
                                <apex:param value="{!retailUnit.OrderDate__c}" />
                            </apex:outputText>
                        </td>
                        <td><apex:outputText value="{!retailUnit.ModelDesc__c}" /></td>
                    </tr>
                </apex:repeat>
                </tbody>
            </table>
        </div>
    </apex:define>
</apex:composition>
</apex:page>
Best Answer chosen by Sean434992
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Does the profile of the user viewing the page have access to the various retail unit fields through Field Level Security?

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Does the profile of the user viewing the page have access to the various retail unit fields through Field Level Security?
This was selected as the best answer
Sean434992Sean434992
Hi Bob It has Read rights in the profile I have another production org with same package version installed and I have no issue with this page. Also the sharing setting is set to private in both orgs Both orgs are spring 14 however from an admin perspective they don't look exactly the same. For example one org has setup listed under the logged in users name in the drop down at the top. The other has setup link next separately.
Sean434992Sean434992
Bob you were right.
When I first read your question I interpreted it as in the Profile there are read rights permissions to the object.
However, I ended up resolving the issue.  It was field accessibility rights were currently "hidden" which is why no data was shown.  Makes sense now.

Thank you
shraddha kawaneshraddha kawane
What if the field level security is not set for these kind of problem?