function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Meeta BijlaniMeeta Bijlani 

No such column 'MobilePhone' on entity 'Lead'

I am getting this error for some users only and not for all. Its working fine for some users
Best Answer chosen by Meeta Bijlani
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
What do you mean by there is no option to llok for FLS.Follow the below steps :-

Go to Setup -> Profiles -> <select the profile of affected users> -> Look for Standard Field level security -> Go to Lead - > Click on view -> Look for MobilePhone

and see what is the FLS for that profile

All Answers

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Meeta,

When are the affected users getting this error? can you please post a  screen shot of this error message together with the exact use case so its easier to understand the issue.

This is the query:
Select Id,FirstName,LastName,MobilePhone,Phone,Email,Status,leadSource,Title,Country,Fax,description,ConvertedAccountId,city,LastActivityDate,Street,State,Company,PhotoUrl from Lead

SoapFault - faultcode: 'sf:INVALID_FIELD' faultstring: 'INVALID_FIELD:
Select Id,FirstName,LastName,MobilePhone,Phone,Email,Status,leadSource
                             ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:30
No such column 'MobilePhone' on entity 'Lead'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.' faultactor: 'null' detail: org.kxml2.kdom.Node@40a7dad0
nbknbk
Can u change the Login url of the orchestration or service- I hope you are using 3rd party tool to access data, ex: Login url: https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0

change the api versions as highlted above and try..hope this information help
I am using https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/30.0. It is working for some of the users correctly with this URL. I want to use api version 30 for some of the features enabled in this version.
nbknbk
Okay..fine..So some of the user are working means all user in single profile. Is the issue coming for specific profile, if yes we may check the issue for that profile

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Agreed this is related to permissions,go ahead the check the FLS for users who are facing this issue.

I am assuming that field is hidden for the users who are facing this issue.
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Meeta,

Please check to see if the affected users have access to the field mentioned in the error on the UI..check their profile to see the FLS setting for this object field.
Also, confirm if this was ever working for the affected users in the past..and the issue has cropped recently.
There is no option to check the FLS in the affected users profile.
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
What do you mean by there is no option to llok for FLS.Follow the below steps :-

Go to Setup -> Profiles -> <select the profile of affected users> -> Look for Standard Field level security -> Go to Lead - > Click on view -> Look for MobilePhone

and see what is the FLS for that profile
This was selected as the best answer
Hi, I was checking the FLS in other way. By clicking on Setup - > Customise -> Leads -> Fields -> Click on the desired field and then changing the FLS for that field. I didnt know about the above mentioned method, will try with these steps. Thanks..
DaneshDanesh
Does anyone have a good solution to deal with invisible fields through the API?  We are trying to update mobilephone through the API and get an exception back.  Just wondering if there is a "clean, suggested" solution to field permisssions.