function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ash HallettAsh Hallett 

Opportunity Stage progression

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to create a validation rule or similar to ensure that an opportunity must pass through all of the stages before it can reach Closed Won? 

There are various validation rules that I have put in place to prevent people from advancing to certain stages without completing other rules but this does not prevent people from simply skipping stages at the start.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash

Best Answer chosen by Ash Hallett
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Ash,

You can put a validation rule in place which compares the previous value of stage and then lets the user move to the next stage for e.g.:

Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3

If the current stage is 1 and new value is Stage 2 - only then allow user to change else throw error (using ISCHANGED in the formula)
If the current stage is 2 and new value is Stage 3 - only then allow user to change else throw error (using ISCHANGED in the formula)

All Answers

Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
All you need to do is set the validation rules in this way 

PRIORVALUE(Stage)<> 'Negotiate' && ISPICKVAL(Stage,'Closed-won')
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Ash,

You can put a validation rule in place which compares the previous value of stage and then lets the user move to the next stage for e.g.:

Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3

If the current stage is 1 and new value is Stage 2 - only then allow user to change else throw error (using ISCHANGED in the formula)
If the current stage is 2 and new value is Stage 3 - only then allow user to change else throw error (using ISCHANGED in the formula)

This was selected as the best answer
Ash HallettAsh Hallett

Hi Sonam,

Thanks for your reply, apologies for the delay in mine, I've been away on holiday!

I think you understand my question and may have the right solution here but I can't quite understand your awnser, maybe it's me being slow since coming back from Holiday!

Could you provide an example for me? 

Hope you can help,

Ash

Ash HallettAsh Hallett

All solved now, thanks

Sonam!