function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ryan PanosRyan Panos 

Are there limits to heroku connect? Can I build an app for multiple customers on the same postgres implimentation?

I am trying to determine if the Heroku connect would only work for one customer at a time or if I can use oauth2.0 or possibly even hard coded passwords to manage many different sets of customer data in one postgres implimentation.   

Any help in this area is greatly appreciated!

Thank you 
RCP
Best Answer chosen by thisisnotapril
Christophe CoenraetsChristophe Coenraets
You can use a single Postgres database to sync different Salesforce orgs by specifying a different schema name when you configure Connect. The default schema name is salesforce, but you could user org1, org2, … so you can select * from org1.contact and select * from org2.contact in the same database.
The current default configuration of Heroku Connect is one SFDC org per Heroku Connect instance. There is a multi-service option in limited availability. I can introduce you to Heroku Connect Product Management for details on this option.

All Answers

Ryan PanosRyan Panos
In other words, can Heroku connect support a multi-tenant environement or just one Sales Force customer at a time?
Christophe CoenraetsChristophe Coenraets
You can use a single Postgres database to sync different Salesforce orgs by specifying a different schema name when you configure Connect. The default schema name is salesforce, but you could user org1, org2, … so you can select * from org1.contact and select * from org2.contact in the same database.
The current default configuration of Heroku Connect is one SFDC org per Heroku Connect instance. There is a multi-service option in limited availability. I can introduce you to Heroku Connect Product Management for details on this option.
This was selected as the best answer
Margaret FrancisMargaret Francis
Heroku Connect can synch data from different SFDC orgs into a single Heroku Postgres database. Data from each org is held in a named, dedicated schema within Postgres.  One or more Heroku Connect instances may be required to perform the synch in this configuration.  

Heroku Connect can also write SFDC data from a single SFDC org into several different Heroku Postgres databases. A unique Heroku Connect instance is required for each SFDC org/ database pair when used in that configuration.    
kevinwukevinwu
Hi, where can I find more information on how to use Heroku Connect for multi-tenant scenarios? What if we don't want to separate each customer into their own schema but instead use one postgres table for multiple customer orgs?
Viraj MViraj M
Hi everyone,

I checked Heroku Connect Demo edition sync only 10,000 rows only. What is the price for syncing 2 Millions row on day to day basis?

Ryan PanosRyan Panos
Friends and Family, This is not an active email account and I check it extremely infrequently.  Please use my gmail for a timely response. Dear Spammers, You are evil. Thank you, RCP