function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdc2705sfdc2705 

'status = service unavailable,status code =503'

'status = service unavailable,status code =503'

I have parsed the WSDL file and generated classes.

I am getting the above error when i am trying to call a method which is from the classes generated by WSDL2Apex to execute anonymously.

FYI,The webservice is in .Net and hosted on the 'Intranet' or Intranet network.

Thanks
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

The 503 Service Unavailable error is an HTTP status code that means the web site's server is simply not available right now. Most of the time this is because the server is too busy or because there's maintenance being performed on it

Note: Sites that use Microsoft IIS may provide more specific information about the cause of a 503 Service Unavailable error by suffixing a number after the 503 as in HTTP Error 503.2 - Service Unavailable which means Concurrent request limit exceeded. You can see a complete list here.

503.0 Service unavailable. The request is sent to an application pool that is currently stopped or that is currently disabled. To resolve this issue, make sure that the destination application pool is started. The event log may give information about why the application pool is stopped or disabled.

503.2 Concurrent request limit exceeded. The appConcurrentRequestLimit property is set to a value that is lower than the current number of concurrent requests. IIS 7.0, IIS 7.5, and IIS 8.0 do not allow more concurrent requests than the value of the appConcurrentRequestLimit property.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/503error.htm

See the discussion below, 

redeploying the cloud service to Azure appears to have done the trick.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18790684/why-does-azure-give-me-an-intermittent-error-503-the-service-is-unavailable

Regards,
Ashish
sony sonusony sonu
hi ashish and sfdc2705.
hi !!!!!! nice to meet you ....i need a help , that 
is it possible to make rest callouts from salesforce to the external application , which is hosted locally i.e local server (private) not published yet ...actually i had used rest callout and given the endpoint url of external application and passed keyvalue in headers ,which is hosted in privately, iam getting an error 503 unavailable, 
one of our network team member is asking to provide the unique portnumber, we have sugested and they had enabled 80,443 as default, bt iam gettting the same errror ..do you have any solution, it will be appreciated

the end point url is correct ...bt if accessing from salesfroce it is showing an error 503 service un available... may i know y?? if url is in private mode is it is not used for callouts??
i had posted in developer community.. i had not got the solution still...thanks in advance....

the external application url is not hosted publicly , ,,it is in local server...we need to connect to it and make a callout and get the response
sfdcdevlopersfdcdevloper
I too face the same issue. Any way to solve?