function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John BraunJohn Braun 

Creating multiple related records (contacts) from a single related list/page.

Hello,

I am not a developer but was hoping someone could provide a template I could use to implement the inquiry described below, and I could just edit per the correct api names for our org: (assuming this isn' t a complicated process)

We have a custom object called "Visit" in our Org. We have a related junction object called "Visit Attendees" that looks up to the contact record. When clicking "New Attendee" from the vist attendee related list, I would want to be able to lookup to mulitple (x10) contact records on a single visualforce page. When I completed each lookup on the single visualforce page and clicked save, it would then have created 10 related junction records against the Visit object.

Is something that would be difficult to provide a framework/instructions for DIY or would I need a developer? Thank you and I'm happy to elaborate/provide more details if required. Thanks so much for any help!!
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
To do this you would need to create 10 custom lookup fields on the visualforce page. Please follow the guidelines explained in the below post on how to create a lookup field on visualforce page

http://bobbuzzard.blogspot.com/2010/09/visualforce-lookup.html
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
John,

As you said you are not a developer,it would be difficult for you to do this as this would require custom development work.

I would suggest you to have a developer do this for you.