function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick RoseRick Rose 

Customizing Related List on Salesforce1

I'm trying to help a nonprofit organization with the following issue that I think is probably an easy fix, but I just don't know Salesforce1 well enough

• Custom object “Time Tracking” as a related list (master-detail) under Cases. From a mobile device they need to be able to add time to a case.
  • In Salesforce1 – if they pull up a case record and go to the related list screen, there is no add new button
  • In Salesforce1 – if they go first to the time tracking tab and create new, the lookup dialogue to cases only shows the case number. They need to see the case subject, but I don’t see that you can customize that lookup.
  • My idea for a workaround was a formula field – a hyperlink to add a new time tracking record with the case link pre-populated. But this wasn’t working.
Best Answer chosen by Rick Rose
ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

Related list buttons are not available in Salesforce1. A workaround for this would be to create a publisher action with Action Type "Create a Record" or "custom visualforce" to create the related object record. This publisher action can be made available by clicking on the "+" icon on the Case record in the Salesforce1 app.

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank

All Answers

ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

Related list buttons are not available in Salesforce1. A workaround for this would be to create a publisher action with Action Type "Create a Record" or "custom visualforce" to create the related object record. This publisher action can be made available by clicking on the "+" icon on the Case record in the Salesforce1 app.

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank
This was selected as the best answer
Rick RoseRick Rose
Thanks, that worked!
Mario Bonaparte 15Mario Bonaparte 15
Hi Shashank,

Is creating a Publisher Action the same thing as creating a Global Action?  I'm able to find Publisher Layouts, but not Publisher Action.  Can you please clarify this.

Also, I've created an Account Action as my workaround.  Is a Publisher Action better suited for this related list button scenario?

Thanks,

Mario