function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ryan LynchRyan Lynch 

Canvas App in Visualforce page being requested with a GET instead of a POST

I've developed a salesforce canvas application, and it uses signed requests and POSTs to request the page for the app. Now I've deployed the app and it's installed in a client's org. The issue is that the deployed pages are all requesting the canvas application's page using a GET request. I think it might have something to do with OAuth being used for authentication instead of signed requests in the client org, but I'm not sure. Any ideas as to what the issue is? I'd provide more info or code but I'm not really sure where to begin.
jhurstjhurst
Ryan,

When you created the Canvas App, what did you set the "Access Method" to?  There are two options; Signed Request, and OAuth Webflow.  If you chose OAuth, we perform a GET to the URL.

The other possibility, is that the client org is on the Summer '14 release (which was release last weekend).  In the new release, we added the option to do User Approved Signed Request Apps (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/platform_connectpre/canvas_framework.pdf page 24).  In this case, if the client has not set the Connected App to be Admin Approved, then we will do a GET the first time the app is accessed:

User-added image

Can you make sure that you have selected "Signed Request" as the access method, and that the admin has set the app to Admin Approved users.

Hope this helps.
Jay