function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bobby7bobby7 

Displaying a lookup in side bar with some information.

My requirment is like  i have a opportunity and a lookup to this is a account. Where i have to display the account details with some 5-6 fields in opportunity detail page in side bar. 

How come i shall develop this or can i do this with any customization part?
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
If I understand this correctly, you are looking to show Account feilds on the Opportunity detail page..right?

If the above is the case- you can use cross objetc formula fields to show the fields from Account object on the opportunity detail page..https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_cross_object.htm&language=en_US

However, the above fields won't be in the side bar but you can add them within a section on the opportunity detail page itself.
Atul111Atul111
Hi Bobby,

If you want to display these fields only in detail page then you can use formula field. If you also want to display these fields on edit page as well then you need to create a VF page for this. With customization you cannot achive this.

Please let me know if you need further help or if you want to build that page.

Regards | Atul
bobby7bobby7
Hi Sonam&Athul,
                  Can you get me the sample and how to add the respective Account fields in Opportunity detail page. I had done this is other way where i am developing the vf page where i am placing a home page component and getting the Opportunity ID from current page. And then passing this ID to URL and retreving the account info based on the opportunity record ID. 

Can you suggest me any other way with some example . So it will be lot easier to me .

Thank you,
Bobby.