function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tamara hudginstamara hudgins 

Issues with deleting custom settings

I am trying to install the "Salesforce for Volunteers" package into my sandbox ("Volunteers"). I am running into the following errors "You have exceeded the maximum storage allowed for Custom Settings." I researched this problem and found that I have a custom setting that has 12K entries and is taking up my 10MB of custom setting storage space (Opportunity Rollup Errors). I want to delete all the records in this custom setting. I have tried three things:

1) Exported the Ids of the records and used LexiLoader to delete the records. All 12K failed with the error "CUSTOM_METADATA_LIMIT_EXCEEDED").
2) Delete manually in the UI. This failed with the error "Custom setting limit exceeded. You have exceeded the maximum storage allowed for Custom Settings."
3) This data is actually managed by the Households custom object. There is a page to clear all these records, but it fails because the list (12K) is greater than the DML operation can handle (10K).

How can I purge all these records?
tamara hudginstamara hudgins
Actually I figured out a different way to do it: write APEX code to delete. I didn't think this would work since #1 failed. This is the code for:

List<npo02__Opportunity_Rollup_Error__c> rs = [SELECT Id
                                               FROM npo02__Opportunity_Rollup_Error__c
                                               LIMIT 5000];
delete rs;
Osvaldo Gomez, UpleafOsvaldo Gomez, Upleaf
The apex solution works. Thank you.

Just to provide some more context. To implement execute this apex code, open the developer console then go to Debug > Open Execute Anonymous Window. Inside the window paste this code above and click on the 'Execute' button. 

A large data import combined with an exisiting trigger on the household object could have caused the Opportunity Rollup Errors custom Setting logs to pile up. So as a general rule, after a data import, check the custom settings page for large numbers. If you encounter one, clean it up.

Kumar Saurav 10Kumar Saurav 10
Hi,

Are you looking for large file Storage in Salesforce..?
We got a solution for you…!

Here you may be interested in knowing about appexchange native app Cloud Drop which is having this feature.

For more details check:
http://www.clouddrop.io

Check Out the following URL for application:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0

Regards,
Kumar Saurav