function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ash HallettAsh Hallett 

Financial reporting for multiple opportunity types

Hi everyone,

Bit of a trickey one here and in two parts, one being in setup/layout and the other being in how to report on it accurately.

Our company deal with many different account types across the hospitality industry e.g. Hotel, retail, cafe. These are billed in different ways too, e.g. price per room, price per user, price per login.

PART ONE

What i'm finding difficult is how to set out the relevant details for each in an account page without including fields that aren't necessary for certain opporunity types.

So for example......

Account type - Hotel

Required information

Billing - Price per room

Account type - Cafe

Required information

Billing - Price per login

I know how to use validation rules to ensure that certain fields are complete, but what I'm asking is if there is a way that I can make only certain fields appear for certain opportunity types. What I don't want to have is multiple fields of Billing type for each opporunity type as it will cause confusion.

Any suggestions please?

PART TWO

Once I am able to build part one, I then want to be able to report on each opporunity type individually. I don't have much experience with reporting and dashboards so this may actually be a very simple report to run.....hopefully.

For example, I'd like to run a report on all Hotels that are billed via price per room and understand what our monthly revenue from this would be.

I'd like to be able to run the same monthly report for other examples such as - Cafe's via price per login.

I really that at least some of this makes sense? It's a real hurdle for me to jump this week and I'm becoming increasingly lost in several ideas of how to do it and can't decide what's best so some outside suggestions may help open up a clearer avenue for me.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide,

Ash