function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
plapla 

send mail merge document to Notes & Attachment related list

Hello,
When a mail merge document is generated the document can be sent to either email or document tab. Is there a way to automatically send the generated mail merge document to the Notes & Attachment related list in Opportunity? Please advise.

Thanks,
Paul

HitHit
Hi Paul,

Setting Up Email to Salesforce
Available in: All Editions except Database.com

Before you can use your Email to Salesforce address, you must configure it.
At the top of any Salesforce page, click the down arrow next to your name. From the menu under your name, select Setup or My Settings—whichever one appears.
From the left side of the page, select Email | My Email to Salesforce.
Enter email addresses you’ll use to send email in My Acceptable Email Addresses. Separate multiple email addresses with commas.
Important
Your Email to Salesforce address accepts only email from addresses you enter. If you don’t enter any email addresses, email sent to your Email to Salesforce address won’t be associated to any records.
Choose whether you’d like either all emails to be sent to My Unresolved Items so you can manually assign them to related records, or to have Salesforce first try to automatically assign them.
Configure Email to Salesforce to add emails as activities to matching opportunities, leads, contacts, or all three.
If you selected leads or contacts, choose how Email to Salesforce should process emails containing lead or contact information that matches duplicate records. Email to Salesforce can add the email activity to either all matching records, the oldest duplicate record, or the record that has greatest number of activities.
If you selected leads or contacts, you can select If no matching records are found, create a task and send it to My Unresolved Items to have the email sent to My Unresolved Items if no matching records are found. If this checkbox isn’t selected and Salesforce can’t identify the email addresses in the To or From fields, the email won't be saved in Salesforce.
Select Always save email attachments to save attachments on emails sent to Salesforce. The size limit for an attached file is 5 MB when attached directly to the related list. The size limit for multiple files attached to the same email is 10 MB, with a maximum size of 5 MB per file.
If you want to receive a confirmation email when emails are successfully associated, select Email me confirmation of association.
Enter email domains you want to exclude from automatic association in Excluded Domains. Separate multiple email domains with commas.
Emails coming from these excluded domains go to My Unresolved Items. From there, you can choose to either manually assign them, or leave them unassigned.
Click Save.