function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mamicomamico 

Managed Package>Major Release>Tabs Not Visible

Hell everyone,

We recently created a major release of our product.  We pushed it out to Trial and one customer org with success (sort of).   We are not able to see our new custom objects in the "customize my tabs" area.  Can anyone tell us what we missed along the way?  

Additional background:  We are able to see everything under: Create>custom objects and  Create>apps>Custom App Detail

Thank you
nbknbk
After we click on "customize my tabs" area, we have a option to select 'custom app' from dropdown selection and related tabs apperar in the list. Please select the relevant app and see the tabs if you check not already.
mamicomamico
Thank you NBK.  Yes, unfortunately we are not able to see the new tabs when we select > Customize my tabs>Custom App.  I've actually checked each app in the picklist.  The components are all in the new release and when we pushed to our own production org we can see the tabs.  Unfortunately, we can't see the tabs in a customer orgs. 
mamicomamico
For what it's worth, we found the solution:  1) setup>profiles>Tab Settings>Default ON. 2) Immediately below the admin needs to Enable the object permissions to each new custom object.  3) Also, in the Setup>Apps>your managed package>make sure all the tabs are visible and EDIT review checkboxes to make sure the Profiles has Visible checkbox selected.