function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andy Coustick-DealAndy Coustick-Deal 

Workflow Rule Criteria with Date Comparisons

Hello all,

Hope you can help.  Writing one of my very first workflows (hooray for newbies) and I want the workflow to be triggered if it has been 6 weeks since a particular status was changed.  We have a field which records the date the status changed (here called Date__c).  Will the following rule criteria work as a formula?

Date__c <= (TODAY()-42)

I think this should activate if the date in the Date__c field is from 6 weeks ago or longer.  Is this right?  There are no syntax errors so it seems good to me.  I just don't know if the criteria formula box will work out what I'm saying.  Any advice?

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Andy Coustick-Deal
HitHit
Hey Andy,

Another way to achieve this is time-dependent work flow action. In time you can mention 6 week of status chance. 

All Answers

HitHit
Hey Andy,

Another way to achieve this is time-dependent work flow action. In time you can mention 6 week of status chance. 
This was selected as the best answer
Andy Coustick-DealAndy Coustick-Deal
Hi Hit,

That's a really good point!  I was trying to make it in line with a different workflow we have which due to its specifics is not able to use Time-dependent workflow actions, and so I hadn't thought about it in those terms.  Trying to overengineer this!  Thanks, I'll have a look at it from that angle instead.