function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BmartBmart 

Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject:ID

Hi I'm trying to create a trigger to do the following.

On Line Item Revision object if a record is created I want to query the Line item Revision Parent Object and see if there is a Parent that exists with the matching WF_ID__c value, and if not I want to create a new parent.

On Line Item Revision object if a record is updated I want to query the Line item Revision Parent Object and see if there is a Parent that exists with the matching WF_ID__c value, I want to update the trigger__c field by incrementing it by 1.

I can get the first part to work in that i can get it to create a parent, but when trying to update an existing parent I get the following error with my code "Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject:ID"

If anyone can assist in helping understand what I'm doing wrong that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

trigger Create_Line_Item_Parent_On_Line_Item_Revisions on Line_Item_Revisions__c (before update,after insert, after update, after delete, after undelete) {

// create a set of all the unique line item revision records based on WF ID

List<string> LIRevisions = new List<string>();

for (Line_Item_Revisions__c lir : Trigger.new)
  {

LIRevisions.add(lir.wf_id__c); 

}
List <Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c > LineItemParentstoCreate = new list <Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c> ();
List <Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c > LineItemParentstoUpdate = new list <Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c> ();
List <Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c > LineItemParentList=[Select WF_ID__c, id, Trigger__c from Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c Where WF_ID__c =:LIRevisions ];
List <OpportunityLineItem > IOLineItem=[Select WF_ID__c, id from OpportunityLineItem where WF_ID__c =:LIRevisions ];

Map<String,Id> LIRPMap = new Map <String,ID> ();
for (Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c LIP:LineItemParentList)
{
  LIRPMAP.put(LIP.WF_ID__c,LIP.id);

}

Map<String,Id> IOLineItemMap = new Map <String,ID> ();
for (OpportunityLineItem OLI:IOLineItem)
{
  IOLineItemMap.put(OLI.WF_ID__c,OLI.id);
}

for (Line_Item_Revisions__c LIRadd : Trigger.new)  {

if (LIRPMAP.isEmpty () )
   {
    Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c LIP2 = new Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c ();

LIP2.WF_ID__c= LIRadd.WF_ID__c;
    LIP2.IO_Line_Item_Parent__c=IOLineItemMap.get(LIP2.WF_ID__c);
    LineItemParentstoCreate.add(LIP2);

}

if(!LIRPMAP.isEmpty())

{
    Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c LIP3 =LIRPMAP.get(LIRADD.WF_ID__c).id;
    LIP3.Trigger__c= LIRPMAP.get(LIP3.WF_ID__c)trigger__c+1;
       LineItemParentstoUpdate.add(LIP3);
   }
   }

try{
update LineItemParentstoUpdate;
insert LineItemParentstoCreate;
}catch (System.Dmlexception e) {

}
}

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Do you have a line number that the error is occurring on?  This usually means you've tried to access a field from something that isn't an sobject (a list, for example).
BmartBmart
Hi Bob, thanks for responding to my question. I totally forgot to mention where the code issue occurs when I first posted this, so thanks for pointing that out.

The error occurs on this line 53

'Line_Item_Revision_Parent__c LIP3 =LIRPMAP.get(LIRADD.WF_ID__c).id;'

I thought I could use the collection of parent Id's to set the parent record I want to write to. Thanks in advance for your feedback.