function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Leo CarcamoLeo Carcamo 

Opportunity Discount field

Hi - I need help pushing a field.

I'm trying to push the discount field from my Opportunity Product into a Quote and the Quote line item. I have tried using workflow rules with field updates and it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

Thanks!!!
Best Answer chosen by Leo Carcamo
phiberoptikphiberoptik
Its been a while since Ive messed with native Quotes, but if synced isnt the standard Discount field on the Opportunity Product mapped to the standard Discount field on the Quote Line Item?

All Answers

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
This would require Apex Trigger on Opportunity Product.Create an insert/update Trigger on Opportunity Product and you are good to go !!

Hope this helps !!
phiberoptikphiberoptik
Its been a while since Ive messed with native Quotes, but if synced isnt the standard Discount field on the Opportunity Product mapped to the standard Discount field on the Quote Line Item?
This was selected as the best answer
phiberoptikphiberoptik
Just tested and validated that yes, the Discount fields on each object are mapped to each other. You just have to sync them.
Leo CarcamoLeo Carcamo
Hi Vinit - thanks a lot for your reply =) I'll be sure to do that if the suggestion from Phil does not work out.

Hi Phil,

I thought the same as you when I tested but my test failed so I want to see where our test is different. I'll walk you through what I did and maybe you can tell me what you did.

Using the out of the box standard objects this is what I see on my Opportunity object.

User-added image

According to my page layout I should be seeing this. (notice the discount field is missing above and I'm not sure why)

User-added image

Also, according to my Multi-line layout of the Opportunity Product I should see this.

User-added image

However I see this when entering a new product to the Opp. (no discount field here either) =(

User-added image

What I do see that works nicely is that after you create a quote based on the info from the opportunity product I can add the discount to the quote line item that syncs it directly to the quote.

User-added image

However what I want the system to do for me is to let me add a discount when I enter a new opportunity product and then when I hit create quote I want the discount to update automatically. Please let me know if you were able to accomplish this and how you did it. Thanks so much =).

-Leo

phiberoptikphiberoptik
Check the field level security on the Discount field and make sure that it is marked Visible.
Leo CarcamoLeo Carcamo
@phiberoptik Thank you so much!
phiberoptikphiberoptik
Cheers. Glad it worked out!