function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rocks_SFDCRocks_SFDC 

How to Change Submitted User for Apex Schedule Jobs

Hi All,

I have a requirment that i need to update submitted user for all the apex scheduled jobs in my Prod. So, Could you please let me know that how we can do without deleting and recreate them.

Thanks,
Anil
Abhinav GuptaAbhinav Gupta
Seems its not possible, an idea is posted for the same : https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000H11Q
Mandeep DekaMandeep Deka
I ran into this exact problem and was helpless with nothing much to do other than deleting them and receating them. One other problem that I faced was changing the running user for backup export. I am seeing this error : 

"The scheduled weekly export ran as the running user our user. The following error occurred: The user account that runs the weekly export is inactive.  To fix this problem you can either: 1) Set this user to be active. 2) Change the running user on the job."

Now, option 1 is out of question but not able to find a way to perform the second action. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mandeep

Mandeep DekaMandeep Deka
Okay. Within minutes, I bumped into the solution. The solution is to go to the "Scheduled Jobs" menu under setup->Administration Setup->Monitoring and just delete the "Data Export" job there. You will see that the next scheduled export date has disappeared. You are now free to schedule another export with an active account.

Thanks,
Mandeep
Morgan GoughMorgan Gough
Hello, Unfortunately, it is not possible to directly update the submitted user for scheduled Apex jobs without deleting and recreating them. The submitted user for a scheduled Apex job is set at the time of creation and cannot be modified afterward. To update the submitted user, you would need to delete the existing scheduled job and recreate it with the desired user.   https://www.mykfcexperience.website/