function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kris HankinsKris Hankins 

Requesting data from a website and have it feed into a custom object in salesforce

I have been given the task of (possibly) creating a custom object for our customers to track their machines through an interface in salesforce cusotmer portal. The manufacturer has provided a website with the data feed I need as well as the log in information, field names, data types, etc. My problem is that I haven't done too much Apex coding. I'm presuming this would require a callout of some sort to establish a connection to the website. I can manipulate the data once it gets there, the problem is instantiating that connection. I have checked the forums but haven't found anything like what I need. I guess the best way to compare it would be like having a stock ticker on your website. I have done that using .NET, but that was a couple years ago. Any reference material out there I can read up on to get some tests going in the IDE? 
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
I understand you wish to create records in Salesforce through a 3rd party website in .NET.

Did you get a chance to go through the following:
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Integrating_Force.com_with_Microsoft_.NET