function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Preethi SPreethi S 

workflow,trigger,batchapex

Hi all,

I know about workflow,trigger and batchapex.....but i don't know what is the difference between that....could u please tell the difference between workflow ,trigger and batchapex...
Best Answer chosen by Preethi S
RishavRishav
Hi preethi,
                    Every concept like workflow,trigger,and batchapex are having their own functionalities, advatages,and disadvantages.
           i am giving you some simple difference betweenn trigger and workflow rules
                                   Trigger                                                                            workflow
   1. Trigger can work on multiple objects                                                 1. workflow rule apply on only one object.you can see at the begining 
         means you can include multiple objects                                               of workflow it ask for which objects  you want to use workflow.
         like( Account,contact,case,opportunity,
         any custom object,etc) in one trigger.

2. Trigger can work on both before event and after event                      2. But wokflow work for only after event. for example: workflow will take action after saving 
     (before insert, after insert, before update, AU,etc).                                   the data into the database in case of INSERT operation.

3. Trigger requires coding in APEX languange.                                         3. In workflow you do not need to write any APEX language progrmming.

4. you can perform very complex operation with                                         4. you can't perform coplex operation with workflow.
   trigger.

Batch Apex:  Batch apex means  dividing the big transaction or operation in small small piece.Because salesofrce is having some limitation on 
                      number of SOQL,SOSL, fetched records , heap size so if you are required to perform a big operation and if you think that it will violate or 
                    it will cross the limitation given by salesforce then you can write the same operation with the help of BATCH APEX programming. and you can take 
                    a breath of relief after going home.

I just gave you a simple idea about this . Now if you got your answer then please mark it as a best answer so that this post will work as a solution for other's problem.

Thanks 
Rishav

All Answers

RishavRishav
Hi preethi,
                    Every concept like workflow,trigger,and batchapex are having their own functionalities, advatages,and disadvantages.
           i am giving you some simple difference betweenn trigger and workflow rules
                                   Trigger                                                                            workflow
   1. Trigger can work on multiple objects                                                 1. workflow rule apply on only one object.you can see at the begining 
         means you can include multiple objects                                               of workflow it ask for which objects  you want to use workflow.
         like( Account,contact,case,opportunity,
         any custom object,etc) in one trigger.

2. Trigger can work on both before event and after event                      2. But wokflow work for only after event. for example: workflow will take action after saving 
     (before insert, after insert, before update, AU,etc).                                   the data into the database in case of INSERT operation.

3. Trigger requires coding in APEX languange.                                         3. In workflow you do not need to write any APEX language progrmming.

4. you can perform very complex operation with                                         4. you can't perform coplex operation with workflow.
   trigger.

Batch Apex:  Batch apex means  dividing the big transaction or operation in small small piece.Because salesofrce is having some limitation on 
                      number of SOQL,SOSL, fetched records , heap size so if you are required to perform a big operation and if you think that it will violate or 
                    it will cross the limitation given by salesforce then you can write the same operation with the help of BATCH APEX programming. and you can take 
                    a breath of relief after going home.

I just gave you a simple idea about this . Now if you got your answer then please mark it as a best answer so that this post will work as a solution for other's problem.

Thanks 
Rishav
This was selected as the best answer
Preethi SPreethi S
Thanks Rishav to clarify my doubts....it is very helpful to me....
RishavRishav
HIii preethi,
                      It's always pleasure to help someone if i can.