function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Semira@gmail.comSemira@gmail.com 

Unhandled fault has occurred in this flow - specific profile

Hi all, 

one of my user has a custom profile and getting this error right before clicking the finish button. I'm not sure why. I have checked everyplace I possibly can. I know some security is preventing it but how do I check that. This user has read/write access to the objects and all the fields. checked the record type as well. What am I missing? this is the email I'm getting

Encountered unhandled fault when running process New_Job_Inquiry_2/301S00000008UUg exception by user/organization: 00DS0000003JYvU/{4}
Source organization: 00D70000000Mjuj (null)
UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY) Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user: 01270000000ULYVAA4 ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

caused by element : FlowRecordCreate.New_Job

caused by: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY) Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user: 01270000000ULYVAA4 ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

Salesforce Error ID: 975922609-8731 (-1473334608)
Best Answer chosen by Semira@gmail.com
Caleb SidelCaleb Sidel
Faults with Flow are notoriously hard to track down. If you as the Flow creator aren't getting an email it's almost impossible to tell where the error is. So it's just hunt & peck so to speak.

You've checked a lot of the right things, here's my list which I hope helps (many you listed)

User's Profile for:
Access to the Object (CRUD) & Fields
Access to any Object related to that object at least Read-Only is likely needed
Access to the Record Type
Check Org-Wide Settings to ensure that the Data (the records) is visible to the user both the objet in question as well as any related objects
Check Validation Rules on that Object - is there some reason why that user might have a failed validation rule and other users don't?

Still nothing?

Try temporarily changing the user's Profile to System Admin or something you know for sure will work - have them try it. It works? Quick switch them back :) and then print out on paper the User's non-working Profile and review it very very carefully over and over. Found it? No?

Clone the Profile and try the clone?

Hopefully after all of this you will have found the one little checkbox you need!

Good luck, sorry I can't ofer the silver bullet, but for me it was always validation rules that caught me up so maybe by some stroke of luck it's something like that for you too.