function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bohemianguy100bohemianguy100 

community login page for mobile/hybrid app

I've installed the mobileSDK and successfully run the Contact Explorer VFConnector sample apps.  I'm testing if it is possible to use communties for a mobile  app.  I've setup a communitiy, which generates a community login URL.  Is there a way to change the mobile login for the Contact Explorer and/or VF Connector sample apps to point to the community login page?

When I run the sample apps, the default Salesforce login page comes up, which allows you to login to Salesforce and then it will navigate to your Start Page that is specified in the bootconfig.json file.  I'd like to change the login to point to the communities login page instead.  Is this possible?

Thanks.
bhariharanbhariharan
Please post Mobile SDK related questions on our community here (https://plus.google.com/communities/114225252149514546445).
RishavRishav
Hi bohe,
             i am also trying to do the salme things like to you but i am not getting how to do it . i tried it but no successful.
            If have resolved this problem then please suggest me also it  will be very helpfull for me.

Thanks
Rishav
bohemianguy100bohemianguy100
Hi Rishav,

Yes, what I had to do was uninstall the contactExplorer app in the emulator and then re-run my app.  Then it opened the communitiies login page.  I setup the contactExplorer app, modified the bootconfig to point to my communities login page and then when I re-ran it, it opened the default page correctly.  Seemed that the emulator was caching the contactExplorer app default login page.
RishavRishav
HI bohe,
                 Thanks for your instant reply.
                I am very new with android,  3 days back i did not know about the android application  but for upcoming project i am doing some research work.
               so i changed the login url at two places  1. server.xml file   2. loginserver.xml file
               But now as your talking about "bootconfig.xml"  so in bootconfig i am only configuring the "consumer key" and  "redirect URI"  so can you please share 
              me that bootconfig.xml  file

i have one more doubt, as i have plan to build the community portal. is there any  possibility that i give access of saelsforce data to the community user without vf pages. means i want to build my UI as a complete android UI no visualforce pages, so is it possible to access the customer community related data inside the android app without using the VF page. if yes then how?

now i will try to build atleast one basic android app for testing purpose.

Thanks
Rishav
Nazrul AminNazrul Amin
Thanks bohemianguy100, your tip above worked for me.  Was going in circles, and all I had to do 1), insert the community URL in the bootconfig file amd 2) re-install the app on my phone.